Thursday 17 January 2013

Fearless

Come. Take my hand. Do you see that hill over there? That's where we're going. You don't have to worry. I won't hurt you. See? I'm not even squeezing your hand. Come on, let's walk. What's your name, dear? You already know mine; I don't hold this kind of information from anyone. I wonder why the scared face. I told you I don't want to mess with you. We must be friends. I have already opened up to you, haven't I? All my life has been handed over to you. All those letters, calls, messages. I even dream of you! Almost every night, to be honest. And yet this is the first time we've touched. So soft, your hand. May I embrace you? No? Too soon. Right. We'll take our time; get to know each other and stuff. I know it's a process. I have, as I said before, dreamed of this meeting for a long time. Sometimes I tought I had met you, but it was someone else. Someone very like you, but maybe not so warm and cozy and helpful. It's complicated. I hope we never part, you know? It is a commitment -- I'm aware of that. But still. I'm old enough. I am prepared, I swear. On the bible. Come on, we're close now. Once we get there, you'll see, things are going to be much easier. Just don't let go my hand. I might try, out of insecurity, but you don't leave. Please. I'm pretty sure this is what I want. I've been thinking about it for a long time. Looking for you ever since. And only now we're here. Thanks for having me. I believe we're gonna be good partners. We're meant to be. I wouldn't know what to do without you. All I've done with my life so far was just to get here, now, this present moment. From now on it's just a matter of improving this relationship. I promise to do my best. But you need to help me, you know? You've been there before. For me it's the first time. You have known the world, done all that there is. I'm just starting. I'll go far, I'm sure. I am willing, ready for everything, eager to face the difficulties, hoping for the storm. I know that once it's finished we're alright. Look, here's the hill. It's you last chance. It's my last chance. Now or never -- are you ready?

Jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment